Ketchum Enrichment and Identification
- Material to shred (just for fun or to build a nest), will usually last 7 to 30 days.
- 4″wide x 4″ long x 2-1/2″ high, 3 openings.
- Environmentally safe, non-toxic.
- 1,200 per case.
Cocoon is an environmental enrichment bedding product for rodents and offers the animal an opportunity to fulfill their nesting instincts. Used in partnership these two affordable products (Refuge & Cocoon) can maximize environment enrichment for your colony.
The fibers of the Cocoon product are very short which is safer for the animal and allows it to create a warm, soft cloud, with which it builds its nest much like in its natural habitat. Cocoon is whitened without chlorine.
Sold 6,000 cylinders per case.
Canica Mouse Table
Magnetic Fixtures • Autoclavable • Offers Dynamic and / or Static Restriction.
Sets a new standard of procedural control.
The fully integrated procedural and stabilization system provides precisely controlled retraction at the operative site.
The CD+ Labs System allows researchers to operate independently, eliminating the requirement for an assistant or improvised assistive devices.
The system removes the complexities and distractions of improvised set-ups, allowing the researcher to focus full attention on the surgical procedure. Item No. XKACD-014-087 Also available for Rats
Aramis Micro Tattoo Kit
The Aramis Laboratory Animal Microtattoo System is a quick, efficient and affordable method of permanently identifying laboratory animals (particularly mice and rats as early as 1 day old).
Designed and tested by laboratory animal technicians, the system utilizes a hypodermic needle at one end of a stainless steel forcep and a small metal cup containing Ketchum Green Tattoo Paste at the other side of the forcep. By squeezing the forcep together, the needle penetrates the toe/foot pad, ear or tail of the animal and injects a deposit of green paste in the animal. Paste now available in white. Abbott Laboratories thinks our micro tattoo system is a great alternative to ear punches and tags.
Mouse Ear Tags
The latest addition to our lab animal product line is ear tags for mice. Each one can be colour coded and has a unique number on them, this is a great way to identify mice when they are group housed.
- Available in a variety of colours
- Available in boxes of 100
- Pre-numbered or custom numbering available (up to 3 digits)
6900 Irradiated iso-PADS
so-PADS represent the next generation of bedding materials. They are flat, compressed, rectangular pads of cotton fiber material that can be conveniently dropped into standard shoebox rodent cages that are meant to be used as a contact bedding. Rodents enthusiastically shred the pads into a soft, fluffy consistency which offers an unsurpassed enrichment aspect to this unique bedding product.
ISO-Pads are perfect for post surgical applications as the bright white pad offers great visual monitoring of leaking and bodily functions.
High Tech Bedding Material
- Eliminates variables associated with recycled or synthetic bedding products
- Produced from FDA-approved, cotton-based cellulosic fibers that are hypoallergenic
- Perfect companion for micro isolation units or standard shoebox cages
- Produced, sized, and packaged in a certified ISO 9001 facility
- Strictly defined and certified for contaminants
- Irradiated iso-PADS (6900) eliminates the need for steam autoclaving
- iso-PADS can also be autoclaved
- Absorbs more than 400% its weight in water
- Enhanced evaporation of liquids
- Controls odors better and lasts longer than traditional bedding materials
- Biodegradable and environmentally friendly
- Reduced waste volume
Color and Consistency
- Improved observation of animals and their discharges due to light color
- Minimized dust
- No pouring and no dispensers greatly reduces airborne particulates
- Rodents are instinctively motivated to shred iso-PADS, creating a natural nest-like environment
- Shredding provides rodents with a natural enrichment activity
- Provides material for a nest building environment
- Ideal environment for rearing young
Economics and Ergonomics
- Consistent pad size insures uniform dispensing, facilitating accurate cost control accounting
- Reduced weight decreases waste disposal costs
- Improved personnel safety due to light weight and low dust
- Labor saving
Storage and Convenience
- Compressed pads dramatically reduce storage requirements of this product (1 small case contains enough bedding for 500 cages)
- Pre-measured pads are simply dropped into the cage, eliminating the need for expensive bedding dispensers
- Frees floor space for other more productive usesALSO AVAILABLE as non-sterile
Rodent CanopyItem No. XKA-2800-087
Environment enrichment for rats and other rodents. The Rat Canopy is made of a thick plastic durable enough to withstand cage cleaning regiments in lab environments. Smoke coloured plastic offers refuge from fluorescent lighting while the bridge shaped structure allows the animal a place to hide under or to climb on to help explore their environment. This simple enrichment offers opportunities for the animal to feel in control of their environment and encourages their natural instincts.
Can be made to your specific size requirements.
- Reduces biting and hierarchical fighting
- Improved animal welfare
- Attractive scent that becomes stronger as it is agitated
- Antibacterial (proven to kill 99.9% E. coli)
- Incredibly durable